Wednesday, January 30, 2013

World's Easiest Pancakes

This morning I woke up and thought "I want something different for breakfast." I've been eating lots of eggs and smoothies but really wanted to mix it up (gotta keep the most important meal of the day interesting!).

Yesterday while perusing my fair share of blogs and Pinterest, multiple times I stumbled upon these ridiculously easy AND super healthy, "clean" if you will, pancake recipes. I decided to give it a shot this morning, and YUMMMMMMMMMMMM. Very satisfied according to my tummy and smile on my face. So here I give you: the worlds easiest pancakes. 


[yes that is greek yogurt  - nonfat plain - with pineapple in a margarita glass]

The ingredient list is quite extensive so brace yourselves:


[fooled you guys!]
Slice/dice/mince/break up banana in a bowl
Smash it til it looks like baby food
Add egg and mix well
Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake
On medium high heat, cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side
(I recommend using cooking spray to avoid sticking and breaking of the pretty pancakes)
6. Top with whatever you like and ENJOY! [Yes the entire batter was for me]
I topped my pancakes with Smucker's Simply Fruit spread, which has no added sugars. I decided to avoid   any and all added sugar with this recipe and you can't even tell. This is great for anyone who is gluten-free, eating paleo, avoiding sugar, or a novice in the kitchen. I want to play around with adding maybe blueberries or cinnamon apples. The mix-in possibilities are endless! Oh and for anyone wondering, the nutritional info is: 

Calories: 176 | Fat: 5 g [Sat Fat: 2g] | Carbs: 28g [Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 14 g] | Protein: 7 g

Happy healthy eating everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment