Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fitness Challenge # One

First weekend of 2013 and who is already struggling with their fitness goals for the New Year? One major way people tend to get discouraged is that they look wayyyyy too far ahead. Their thinking about spring break, or summer (swimsuit season!), when in reality the focus needs to be in the NOW! Yes it is fantastic to have a long term goal, but it can only be achieved through daily success, just one day at a time. A little visual motivation doesn't hurt either. I personally LOVE the Nike Women ads:



Now that I've got you some fit-spiration, I've decided that each weekend, or week (I haven't committed to either idea), I want to give you all a fitness challenge that I will also take part it. Don't worry it wont be anything cray-cray, just a few exercises or changes that can easily add a little more fitness into your daily life. I wouldn't consider this your complete exercise for the day but it can add to what you already do or hopefully motivate you to get moving more. I recommend doing this first thing when you wake up in the morning, AND/OR right before bed. If you want to do it twice a day GOT FOR IT! ...if any of you know me and working out, you know I love to push to the limits!


So the inaugural challenge is gonna be the.....300 mini-workout! No we're not trying to look like the beastly men from that infamous movie (we couldn't unless we 'roided-up, drank protein shakes for days, and lived near those 50lb dumbbells in the weight room). So this is it, the FIRST challenge:


-100 crunches-
-100 push-ups-
-100 squats-
- Each for 7 days- 

[I wanted to include pictures but copying and pasting from the Internet seemed dumb and I had no one to take them of me doing these exercises ]

Not too scary huh? You'll be working those arms, chest, abs, butt, legs. I don't think any of us mind those areas toning up a bit. I wouldn't be mad, that's for sure. 

All of these can be done with ZERO equipment, require little space, and will only take about 10 minutes. I suggest breaking it up into 5 sets of 20 for each exercise, cause I don't know about you, but I sure as heck couldn't do 100 push-ups at once.

**Note on the push-ups - I will ABSOLUTELY be doing those on my knees. No shame in that. The push-ups are the hardest best part of this challenge**

Alright. HERE WE GO. 7 days. 100 crunches, push-ups, and squats each day. This is totally, positively, absolutely tangible and practical. I'm stoked, are you?


As Nike perpetually says....just do it! Happy toning this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment