Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals not Resolutions


One week in 2013 is already gone. Can't go back and redo anything, change anything, add something in. All we have is the next 51 weeks. I had a BLAST bringing in the New Year with some of my favorite girls in the entire world. Obviously I had to create a little photo montage since I'm in the blog world now (click on the photo to see full):
My twins, Stephie (left) and Ruthie. I'm the third twin.
Don't judge, but we also refer to ourselves as pugs. Don't even get me started.

[Stephie's dress: Free People | My Dress: Zara | Ruthie's dress: Kohls]
BTW My dress is actually Ruthie's and Stephie's dress is actually mine. Love sharing closets.

This tulle tutu dress only insisted I practice my ballet skills I learned in
Ballet I with  these girls - before we were even good friends!
My Roxy baby. This pretty much sums up our relationship. Get on my level.

I don't like calling them "resolutions" because there is a substantiated connotation along with it that implies temporary change. Who wants that? Instead I set some goals for myself, giving me tangible accomplishments for this coming year. I know 2013 is 100% in the Lord's hands and He has a plan...but there are a few things I'm hoping are in His plan for me this year: 
  • Start and consistently post in my blog
  • Run a half and/or full marathon
  • Take a trip outside of Oregon
  • Perform somewhere
  • Go on a mission trip
  • Move out of Corvallis
...and hopefully many more unexpected AWESOME things! Here's to faithfully and prayerfully working towards theses goals! What do YOU want to do this year??? Something to ponder and pray about this week. 



"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." 
Proverbs 16:9 (ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment