Monday, May 13, 2013

[birthday pt. 1] three generations to celebrate

Let's just say I had an incredible few day celebrating my birthday - before it was even my birthday! Also, I realize I haven't formally introduced my beyond incredible family...how the heck did that happen?! Ok. So my birthday this year fell on Mother's Day [which is actually a common occurrence] and it also happen to work out that amazing Grandma - who I haven't been able to see for five years! - was coming out. So therefore we took the liberty of coordinating all our crazy schedules so we could celebrate my birthday AND Mother's Day for my mom and my grandma. Three generations to celebrate all at once! You might think " oh boo you have to share your birthday celebration with other people," (and actually you're probably not think that at all) but it was just a huge blessing to have my entire family together, Grandma included. 
[My amazing parents, Mike and LeeAnn. Seriously they're the best.]
[Beautiful Grandma Gwen. I have never met someone more full of Jesus than her. She powerfully radiates and lives out His love]
My parents live in Sisters, my sister and brother in law live in Salem, and I live in Corvallis so getting us all together can be quite a chore. But we all made it and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, warm, summer-like evening. It was an evening filled with sun, laughing, music, prayer, and so much encouragement. God's presence in all of our lives is s evident and so magnified when we are all together. It is something I can barely describe in words, but it is an incredibly powerful gift the Lord has given me. 
[Mama and my sibs, Kristin and her husband Michael. Or Seester and Brother bear and I like to call them]
[All the women. Family resemblance huh?]
[My AMAZING, one-and-only sister. She's my best friend and biggest inspiration. Y'all should know her. And check out her blog" the heart of it"]
[Oh hi. Just my lovely birthday outfit. And YUMMUY shortcake complete with a birthday candle to wish upon. I came home straight from pilates and forget we would be taking pictures so obviously I got dressed up ;)
Shorts: DIY from Goodwill pants| Shirt: Target, and borrowed from sister]
M family loves and spoils me to pieces, and I want to give a big shout out THANK YOU to them. You bless me, encourage me, challenge me, and love me more than I could dream. I love you so so much. Thank you for a beautiful [early] birthday night. XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment