Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Welcome to the Real World (almost) PDX

So I guess its been a while a I have a few MAJOR LIFE CHANGES to update y'all on.
  1. I have completed all my undergraduate courses, and I will be an official college graduate after I complete my internship in August. Aka I have a degree, and I'm a real adult. WHAT?!?
  2. I changed internships. I originally had a paid internship that was basically a glorified fitness center employee, but then I was offered my ideal, first choice internship at a facility called ADAPT Training in Beaverton. It's not paid, and that made the decision real hard, but all that I will learn, experience, and gain in a personal training certification if worth more than $9/hr. I am so excited, and I start in two weeks! Seriously I can't wait to get going.
  3. With that said, I am officially a resident of Beaverton, Oregon...and I'm living with my pugs! Their parents so incredibly and graciously welcomed me to live in their home while I complete this internship. It's really the only reason that it's financially possible to do it. Since graduation of last year I've been itching to move up here where the majority of my closest friends are. I could not be more thankful to be here and with  them.
...also this checks another task off my New Year's Goals list - move out of Corvallis [check!].
It's been a crazy five years of college but such a rich time of growth, fun, adventures, and finding lifelong friends. So naturally I want to photo montage it.
 
WARNING!..MASSIVE PHOTOS AHEAD.
So I give you ...
FRESHMAN YEAR (at Corban University)
[Alethea and Courtney. These girls were my teammates and my rocks at Corban]
[my first and only dorm roommate, Bethany]
[yes I was a college athlete.]
[Corban beach trip. only at Corban can you have a school wide tradition of a trip and it not overwhelm a place]
 
  Sophomore Year! (half Corban, Half OSU)
 
[XC round two]
 
[little did I realize that this awesome park was in my soon to be hometown of Corvallis]

[good ol' Jefferson Street house]
[achieved my goal of running a marathon before I turned 20!]

  Junior Year (enter House of Charis...one of the best things about my OSU experience)
 

[Oh Antioch dances. Too classic.]

[oh hey Ruthie...we definitely weren't even acquaintances then haha]



 
 
[hey remember when I was blonde? ...yea me neither]

[majority of the House of Charis. Love these women]
[before we were friends...and I now I live with them, at their parents house. Life's amazing that way]
[garden party.]


  
[love these girls to death. and now were all over the place! Corvallis, Beaverton, Bahamas, Australia!]
[My Mandles!]




 Senior Year (the first one  at least)
[love love love my Em]
 
[the beginning of the pug clan]
 
[I'm belle. they're children]

[being our twin selves]

 
[red and green party. classic.]



[NYE. Not knowing this was tradition in the making]
 



[house of mice. best trip]
 

[our beautiful haley got hitched!]
 
[last garden party. me being the rebel in a romper.]

 
Most of this year you've all seen considering I started my blog in January so here's a just a few snapshots you haven't seen yet.

[Halloween and pretending I'm a Charis girl again. Shooting star, rosie Carly, and cheerleader Kelly]
 


[this beauty's 23rd birthday. So many crazy times with this girl.]

[How I spent commencement. No cap. No gown. No stadium. Just me and nature. Perfection]
[The best women I will ever know. Graduation dinner!]
 



Such a crazy, varied, amazing five years! Here's to five amazing more full of even more adventures, lessons, new friends, and God knows what (literally). XOXO. Happy new chapter of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment